Douglas Motorsport signs Enaam Ahmed for BRDC Formula 4 - KNW | KartingNewsWorldwide.com | Your latest racing news
  1. Home
  2. Formula
  3. 4
  4. Douglas Motorsport signs Enaam Ahmed for BRDC Formula 4

Douglas Motorsport signs Enaam Ahmed for BRDC Formula 4

Douglas Motorsport signs Enaam Ahmed for BRDC Formula 4

Enaam Ahmed has signed with Douglas Motorsport for the 2016 BRDC Formula 4 Championship, it has been confirmed today (2 March), completing the Corby-based team’s line-up. The 16-year-old, who was Rookie Champion in last year’s MSA Formula Championship, will compete alongside Australian Thomas Randle after impressing in recent test outings.

Ahmed began his motorsport career racing in the cadet class at local and national meetings, with his first major success coming in 2012 when he clinched the Super One National Comer Cadet Championship, and finished second in the MSA British Cadet Championship.

In 2014, Ahmed enjoyed success on the international scene by claiming the CIK-FIA European and World Junior Championships, along with the WSK Champions Cup, WSK Super Master Series and the South Garda Winter Cup. That preceded a move into single-seaters in 2015, where he finished eighth overall in MSA Formula with one win and also participated in selected rounds of the SMP F4 Championship, where the teenager took five wins in addition to seven further podiums.

Ahmed said: “We have had a couple of tests with different teams, and I really like the way Wayne (Douglas) and his team operate. I’m so pleased to have finally signed a deal with such a great team. I have got to thank the Edge Management team as they really have worked hard to make this happen for me. I have to say that the new BRDC F4 car is awesome! It’s so fast and has more aero than other existing F4 cars, and it seems to suit my driving style more. We have not done much testing, but the limited running we have done, we have been straight on the pace. Budget is tight so I’m really focused to get the most out of me, and the car, every time I step foot in it.”

Wayne Douglas, Team Principal of Douglas Motorsport, commented: “We are delighted to have signed Enaam for the upcoming BRDC Formula 4 season. He has an impressive motorsport pedigree and we have been thoroughly impressed by his attitude and speed in testing thus far, so we are looking forward to a successful year together.”

The 2016 BRDC Formula 4 Championship gets underway at Snetterton on March 27/28.

For more information about the BRDC F4 Championship, visit www.formula4.com.

Comments

comments

David Martin-Janiak Motorsports has always been a passion for me, I've raced in Karting and now I have my own Motorsports news website, so i can help other racers convey their passion to the world!

Epic Crash videos and compilations