The new F4 By Tatuus-Cosworth for 2016 - RNW | RacingNewsWorldwide.com | Your latest racing news
  1. Home
  2. Formula
  3. 4
  4. The new F4 By Tatuus-Cosworth for 2016

The new F4 By Tatuus-Cosworth for 2016

New f4 2016 front view

The Tatuus-Cosworth F4-016 car is a significantly more powerful car with a more sophisticated aerodynamic package and increased downforce making it the fastest F4 car anywhere in the world.

The car utilises a carbon-fibre Tatuus chassis and is powered by a 2-litre 230bhp spec Cosworth engine. The F4-016 meets all the latest FIA Formula 3 safety regulations including side impact panels, front and rear carbon impact structures, wheel tethers and extractable seat.

An improved aerodynamic set-up includes a highly adjustable front-wing and two piece rear-wing, and an F1-style front splitter and rear diffuser, which provides the most downforce in class.

It features a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift provided by Sadev and fitted with a limited-slip differential, unique to BRDC F4.

Pirelli will continue to provide both dry and wet tyres to the Duo BRDC F4 Championship,

The braking system is supplied by AP Racing and features 4-piston front calipers and floating, grooved and ventilated discs with 2-piston rear caliper and fixed vented rear disc.

Twin wishbone suspension with two-way adjustable dampers and adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars will provide drivers with plenty of scope for set-up changes.

Teams interested in purchasing the new BRDC F4 car should contact Giles Butterfield on 01234 332406 or via email gb@msv.com.

F4 side view
F4 2016 side view

Comments

comments

David Martin-Janiak Motorsports has always been a passion for me, I've raced in Karting and now I have my own Motorsports news website, so i can help other racers convey their passion to the world!

Epic Crash videos and compilations